söndag 27 januari 2013

Unfair criticism...

Perhaps I've said it before, but I have to say that writing these columns successfully back-to-back is quite the mission. It's one of the reasons why I'm not a frequent writer, as I'm taking time to get my self up to 100% and bring you another quality column. With that being said, I do have a piece of information that I want to share with you. A few weeks ago, Brooke Hogan was interviewed and she was teasing a in-ring debut. Just today, when Hulk Hogan was asked what he thought of his daughter competing in the ring, he said he wasn't sure about it as he knows the dangers of the business.

The critics were of course bashing the Hogans and claiming they've ruined TNA and are hogging the spotlight from all the other wrestlers. They also said that the only reason why Brooke would wrestle in TNA would be because of who her father is. They said the same thing about Garrett Bischoff with his father being the producer of the show. One has to wonder if the critics are being hypocrites.

The fact is, there have been so many wrestlers over the years that have wrestled, most notably in the WWE. If I have to mention some names, I would say Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Randy Orton, The Rock, Eddie and Chavo Guerrero, Randy Savage, Owen Hart and a bunch of other wrestlers. I could name them all day but I think you're getting my point.

What I don't understand is, why are they so hated? What have Brooke and Garrett done to be mocked constantly? Granted, Brooke might not be a great actress but looking at all the names above, there is no way that someone can actually make a valid argument over why Brooke shouldn't be able to wrestle. She could go to a nice wrestling school like all wrestlers do, train to the point where she's qualified and then she can step in the ring. Garrett Bischoff didn't seem like he could wrestle very well when he first debuted but he's really come to his own the last few months.

People need to look at things from a broader perspective. Just because Hulk Hogans daughter wants to possibly wrestle, doesn't mean it gives people the right to bash her for making that choice. If that's the case, then why aren't these wrestlers being criticized? Because they get another reason to poke fun at TNA. Typical fanboys. They always feel the need to disrespect other companies that could possibly be a threat to their beloved WWE. Rant over.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar