tisdag 27 november 2012

The Hogan complaints...

I feel like discussing something that has been on my mind for a while now. I think you already guessed what I was referring to, and that's Hulk Hogan being in TNA. Now, let me just say that I'm not the biggest fan of this guy, and I certainly don't agree with everything he has done in Impact Wrestling. If we are gonna compile a list of all the wrong things he has done, it would likely be a long one. From taking away the 6-sided ring to firing Jay Lethal, it's pretty easy to hate them. But I do want to remind all of the TNA fans and critics alike that are calling to for Hogans resignation to hear me out. I'm gonna explain WHY a company like TNA are smart in keeping Hogan as a GM and somewhat of a representative of this company.

1. His name is recognizable all around the world. Even people who don't watch wrestling know who Hogan is. He has that charisma and that starpower that makes people wanna watch Impact Wrestling, even if the ratings doesn't reflect on that. I agree that he has thrown his name in the mud a little bit with the sex scandal and the affair issues, but the fact remains that he can draw people in. Only thing he needs to do is to promote Impact a bit more when he's being interviewed and not talk so much about his legendary matches with Andre The Giant and people are gonna watch TNA a lot more.

2. Almost all the young indy wrestlers that are working hard trying to get somewhere big look at Hulk Hogan as their inspiration. He is one of the biggest icons in wrestling history and to say that most of the up and coming young wrestlers try to reach the heights he reached is an understatement. The fact is, TNA are aiming for younger wrestlers now and with the likes of Zema Ion, Jesse Sorensen and Magnus, it only shows this trend is gonna continue in the future, and part of that is thanks to Hulk Hogan.

3. He has the experience and that know-how in pro wrestling. Now you might all remember the Bobby Roode case, where Roode was being pushed to the moon and was supposed to face Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory and win, but Hogan said he wasn't ready? I'm sure most of you remember this moment. Everyone were so mad at Hogan for speaking his mind, but ironically Roode turned out to be a great heel and was the longest World Heavyweight Champion in TNA history. So to say that Hogan doesn't know a thing about booking is foolish, he may have a reputation of being one of the biggest jerks in wrestling history, but there is no denying that he knows his stuff. I could go on, but I want people to really read this with open eyes and understand where I'm coming from. Hulk Hogan may be expensive, but in the long term, it's actually worth the investment.





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar