lördag 10 november 2012

Turning Point predictions...

With the final card for Turning Point being in place, it looks like it's gonna be a very entertaining PPV. Are we gonna see someone unmask? Is Joseph Park gonna turn into Abyss? Who's gonna win or lose? I'm gonna break it down for you. Let's start shall we...

Doc from Aces & 8s vs. Joseph Park

2 weeks ago we finally got to find out the identity of one the masked men. It was speculated that Luke Gallows, now known as the Director of Chaos, was the man that also ''broke'' Austin Aries arm a while  back. Now we have the lawyer Joseph Park, started out as a nervous wreck but eventually got more and more courageous each week. Now, he's facing DOC in a match, and I feel that there is a chance there is gonna be an interference, seeing how the Aces & 8s are sticking up for their men. He might even turn to his alter-ego, Abyss. It would be a nice moment as it furthers Parks character.  So I say this will be a DQ victory to Joseph Park.  

Winner: Joseph Park by DQ


Tara & Jesse vs. ODB & Eric Young

I must say I very much disliked Tara's Hollywood character at first. I have however grown to enjoy her partnership with Jesse. He seems to be able to carry himself well in the ring, so I give him a point for that. Now for ODB and her husband EY, it's a whole different ballgame. Don't get me wrong, I like both of them but in my opinion, it's time they broke up. It might be something you don't want to see, but it's quite needed. With Eric Young in limbo over his status with TNA, we might see Eric Young for the last time on Sunday. If we do see him on Sunday, I expect Tara & Jesse picking up the win, with ODB leaving EY in the ring, and demanding a divorce. 

Winners: Tara & Jesse


Joey Ryan vs. RVD for the X-division Championship

This is a match I'm very much looking forward to. Since Ryan and Morgans alliance, they have looked pretty good together. He's got the charisma, the look and he can go toe-to-toe with Rob Van Dam. I for one however do not see Ryan picking up the win on Sunday. I expect the feud between these two to continue for a while, with Joey winning the title after Turning Point, but my choice is RVD.


Devon vs. Kurt Angle

If I'm to be honest, don't expect this to be excellent wrestling match. Kurt Angle will probably not put on a wrestling clinic, having been dealing with injuries for a while. They will have a good match but I expect there to be an interference once again by the Aces & 8s with Bully Ray in pursuit of Devon. So this match is a NO CONTEST.

Winner: No winner


Samoa Joe vs. Magnus for the TV title

This has been a very exciting feud between these two. They have put on great matches between each other and I expect no less on Sunday. With Magnus quickly getting over as a heel, I expect him to win the TV title, with Joe putting him over. It serves no real purpose if Joe keeps the title at this point in time. Giving the belt to Magnus we will finally see him do great things with the title and make the midcard division relevant again, even if Joe has done very well.

Winner: Magnus


Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez for the Tag Titles

With this feud, the rivalry between these two teams have made the Tag Titles mean something again. I can see them feuding until Final Resolution, simply because there is a need to put these teams in the card. I see the champs retaining for now, with one or two tag teams in the mix in the coming weeks as we head to Final Resolution.

Winners: Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez


James Storm vs. AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode in a Number 1 Contenders match

This match is so unique simply because of the stipulation. Whoever gets pinned cannot be involved in the World Title picture until Bound For Glory next year. Now, here's the hard part. Who gets pinned? Well, in my mind that man is AJ Styles. I can see James Storm pinning him to get the World Title shot. HOWEVER, it does not mean that we can't see all three of these men at Bound For Glory for the World Heavyweight Championship. I can see them being involved in a triple threat match, with AJ Styles winning the title. Seeing him win the title at BFG would be massive, no question about that. But in THIS match, James Storm is the winner.

Winner: James Storm


Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship

This match is the one I'm absolutely stoked to see. There will be chaos, anarchy and there will be high flying action. TNA giving the title to Hardy was to show faith in him but there is also another reason. I believe that they put the belt on him to keep him as happy as possible. With his contract expiring in February, it's understandable why they would put the strap on him. But then again, TNA will likely do everything they can to keep him and keep him in the main event, but not as the World Champ. Hardy himself has said that he's fine with just wrestling and that one of his biggest goals is to just stay healthy. So I can see Austin Aries regaining the belt, with Bobby Roode once again in the title picture.

Winner: Austin Aries

These are my predictions, they might seem off and you might disagree with me. Whatever the case, I believe Turning Point will be a great PPV. We might see a big reveal of sorts, or we might not. TNA have been doing great all year long and they have been shutting up the critics for quite a while now.

I will do my Turning Point review soon, where I will discuss the likely finishes, the match up and the overall PPV quality. THAT is for my next column.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar